The Man Who Gambled with Life
Clifford Evans - Keith Longman
Jayne Sofiano - Stella Longman
Veronica Carlson - Vanessa Longman
Steven Berkoff - Carl
Valentine Palmer - Ronald
John D. Collins - Chick
Iain Blair - Morris
Hedger Wallace - Ian
David Kelsey - Dennis
Directed by Freddie Francis; Screenplay by Harry W. Junkin
Wealthy industrialist Keith Longman is dying soon because of his weak heart. Therefore he devises a plan to freeze himself with liquid nitrogen until a cure is found. His first experiment with a mouse is a success. Now he needs a human guinea-pig. Templar looks like the perfect candidate for that. This is why he tries to lure him in with both of his daughters. Not surprisingly the Saint has his own plans...
* Steven Berkoff also appears in Episode #113/114 "Vendetta for the Saint". He would later appear opposite Roger in "Octopussy" (1983), opposite Sean Connery in Outland (1981) and as the villain in "Beverly Hills Cop" (1984)
* Iain Blair also appears in Episode #104 "The Double Take"
* Hedger Wallace also appears in Episode #98 "The Gadic Collection"
* There is a cut right before Roger Moore gets out of the car - I wonder why? (0:00)
* You can see the painted background in front of the apartment's door. (0:04)
* Why does the guard talk to Simon? He must know that Templar will paralyze him with the nerve gas anyway! (0:31)
* The scene with the dead ape is spoiled both by the cheap ape costume and the breathing of the actor inside it! (0:43)
* Longman doesn't look very frozen... his eyelids are trembling! (0:49)
Robert S. Baker: <<We did one episode when the villain has himself frozen as he knows he is going to die, you see. Anyway, there's this scene in a laboratory with the villain in a sort of glass coffin, frozen over with ice, and Roger walked in and said 'Good morning, Mr Birdseye.' It cracked the whole crew up!>> (Owen & Bayan, p.48)
UK: 26th January 1969
* DVD (NTSC): AAE-70546 (2002)
Last Updated: 10/08/2004