The Organisation Man
Tony Britton - Jonathan Roper
Caroline Mortimer - Kate Barnaby
Glynn Edwards - Leander
Norman Bird - Mr. Spode
John Collin - Cable
Simon Lack - Craddock
Mark Dignam - Major Carter
Terence Edmond - Captain Yates
Tony Caunter - Mason
Douglas Ditta - Highland Driver
Directed by Leslie Norman; Screenplay by Donald James
Jonathan Roper has a private mercenary army. The Saint tries to infiltrate it and can win Roper's trust. His two officers Leander and Cable are suspicious though. Templar finally learns that Roper's army tries to free the defector Craddock for their Chinese clients...
OPINION: The idea behind the episode needs some suspension of disbelief - shouldn't Roper be much more sceptic towards the famous Simon Templar?
* Glynn Edwards also appears in Episode #94 "The Gadget Lovers"
* Norman Bird also appears in Episode #24 "The Well Meaning Mayor", #59 "The Frightened Inn-Keeper" and #99 "The Best Laid Schemes"
* John Collin also appears in Episode #92 "Simon and Delilah"
* Simon Lack also appears in Episode #83 "Locate and Destroy"
* The double doors were frequently used as a set item in the colour episodes. In this episode the doors have a different colour.
* This is definitely not Roger Moore! In every real outdoor scene in this episode you can see Moore's double. Maybe it's his double Kenneth Norris. Read more about him here. (0:10)
* I don't know who these guys are but they're definitely not actors Glynn Edwards and John Collin. (0:19)
* The scene with the knife was filmed backwards and the knife pulled away by a black string. (0:24)
* Yes, I can imagine that it's hard to copy Moore's hairdo - the stuntman doesn't look like him... (0:25)
* The road signs with places like "Elstree Airfield", "Bushey", "Letchmore Heath" and "Aldenham" reveal that the location of the inn is within 30 minutes driving distance of the Elstree Studios where "The Saint" was filmed. (0:30)
* If Cable wouldn't have given away so stupidly that he discovered Templar's ploy, he could have saved himself and the whole operation. (0:32)
* How stupid can one be? This soldier runs to his fallen comrade without checking the surroundings first. Now he's dead too. (0:43)
* You see the truck with the house in the background... and then the building suddenly disappears... Of course one scene was filmed at location, the other in the studio with Roger Moore. (0:44)
* If Tony Britton can do this stunt... why can't Roger? Actually this looks like fight arranger Leslie Crawford who appeared as an actor in several episodes. (0:46)
Templar: "Leander! Your slip is showing!" (0:25)
UK: 27th October 1968
* DVD (NTSC): AAE-70466 (2002)
Last Updated: 03/02/2018