Samantha Eggar - Claire Avery
Kenneth MacKintosh - Mike Sentinal
Marion Mathie - Sheila Sentinal
Johnny Briggs - Johnny Desmond
Jill Melford - Irene Cromwell
Phillip Stone - Inspector Carlton
Stanley Meadows - Frank Landon
Tony Beckley - Barry Aldon
Janet Davies - Pearl
Philip Anthony - Assistant Director
Virginia Clay - Nurse
Peter Duguid - Prop Man
Directed by John Krish; Screenplay by Harry W. Junkin
Famous actress Marcia Landon commits suicide with sleeping pills after an acid attack on her face. Fellow Actress Claire Avery gets offered her role in director Mike Sentinal's next movie. But she fears for her safety, therefore asks Simon to look after her. Soon Claire receives anonymous letters which threaten her with an acid attack if she doesn't pay 5.000 pounds.
* Stanley Meadows also appears in Episode #35 "The High Fence" and #72 "The Queen's Ransom"
* Stanley Meadows also appears in the episode "The Man in the Middle" of The Persuaders
* Tony Beckley also appears in Episode #23 "The Saint Plays with Fire"
* Tony Beckley also appears in the Roger Moore movie "Gold" (1974)
* Johnny Briggs also appears in the episode "Someone Like Me" of The Persuaders
* In the German dubbed version the mystery of the anonymous letter writer is completely spoiled because of the easily recognizable voice you hear in the telephone call. (It's already rather easy to recognize in the original version.)
* The text of the article doesn't quite fit with the headline of the article - the headline about Marcia's death was just glued over the original newspaper. (0:00)
* The actress on the photo of Marcia does not appear in this episode... ...but she does in Episode #38 "The Ever-Loving Spouse" in the bar scene at the beginning, even in the same dress! She only appears very briefly in that episode.
* The photo of actress Jeanne Moody on the wall... ...was also used in Episode #38 "The Ever-Loving Spouse" [Submitted by Wojciech Trojanowski] and... ...in Episode #14 "Starring the Saint".
* The actress on this photo is Yvonne Romain from Episode #21 "The King of the Beggars".
* This shot with the studio exterior does appear twice in this episode - at 0:05 and 0:23 - and was also used in Episodes #14 "Starring the Saint" and #54 "The Set-Up"
UK: 24th October 1963
S.T. und das Double für den Tod
* DVD (PAL): Umbrella DAVID0251 (2003)
Last Updated: 03/29/2017