Penelope Horner - Oonagh O'Grady
John Stone - Ted Orping
Henry Gilbert - Tex Goldman
Edward Underdown - Jack Laurie
Redmond Phillips - Nilder
Norman Florence - Clem Enright
Anthony Wager - Corrigan
Faith Kent - Mrs Donaldson
Directed by Roy Baker; Screenplay by Paddy Manning O'Brine
Someone robs the safe in a London casino which Templar is visiting with actress Oonagh O'Grady and her agent Tex Goldman. One of the guards gets shot by one of the robbers and the Saint follows the killer. When he tries to sqeeze some informations from him at his home the criminal gets shot in the back by some of his colleagues. When someone tries to kill Templar from the house opposite to Simon's with a sniper rifle the Saint follows the assassin to the gang's HQ - and on the name-plate he reads... Tex Goldman! He learns that the gang plans to make one last big robbery - is Templar able to thwart their plans?
* Penelope Horner also appears in Episodes #74 "The Russian Prisoner" and #82 "Paper Chase". She also appears in the episode "Someone Waiting" of The Persuaders
* Redmond Phillips also appears in Episodes #76 "The Helpful Pirate"
* Norman Florence also appears in Episodes #5 "The Loaded Tourist" and #75 "The Reluctant Revolution"
* Anthony Wager also appears in Episodes #20 "Iris" and #82 "Paper Chase"
* The same woman seems to appear both in this episode and Episode #61 "The Crime of the Century" (0:00) [Submitted by Wojciech Trojanowski]
* This shot with the studio exterior was also used in Episodes #14 "Starring the Saint" and #18 "Marcia". (0:17)
* The hidden safe (0:27) is the same as the one used in Episodes #67 "The Persistent Parasites" (0:31) and #70 "The Spanish Cow" (0:08) . Even some of the books at the side are the same.
* In other episodes this door of Simon's flat usually leads to the kitchen - in this episode it is the exit of the appartment.
* There is quite an obvious discrepancy between the white bust and the view from behind where you can clearly make out a brown wig.
* Oonagh's studio has the same view from the window with the skyscraper as Goldman's appartment.
* Corrigan's appartment is the same as the one of Eileen Ballinger in... ...Episode #53 "The Contract".
UK: 14th January 1965
S.T. und das große Spiel
Last Updated: 12/17/2017