The Reluctant Revolution
Barry Morse - Victor Lawrence
Jennie Linden - Diane
Martin Benson - Sanchez
Peter Illing - President Alvarez
Gerard Heinz - Hortal
Michael Godfrey - Delgado
Norman Florence - Morales
Peter Halliday - Vargas
Louis Raynor - Pablo
Clive Cazes - Sentry
Walter Randall - Head Waiter
Directed by Leslie Norman; Screenplay by John Stanton
At the airport of the South American republic San Pablo the identical looking bags of Templar and Diane Holbrook got mixed up. In his hotel Simon finds a gun in the bag. Soon Diane wants her bag back and the Saint is drawn into the revolution against corrupt President Alvarez. Diane wants to avenge her father on Alvarez' right hand Victor Lawrence. When she tries to shoot Lawrence Simon prevents that. They have to flee from the police and are rescued by the freedom fighters led by Hortal. They are not ready to overthrow the president yet but the Saint finds an easier way.
* Barry Morse was a regular cast member of "Space 1999" and also appeared in "The Fugitive" (the series).
* Jennie Linden also appears in Episode #68 "The Man Who Could Not Die"
* Martin Benson also appears in Episodes #19 "The Work of Art" and #98 "The Gadic Collection"
* Peter Illing also appears in Episodes #2 "The Latin Touch" and #69 "The Saint Bids Diamonds"
* Gerard Heinz also appears in Episodes #25 "The Sporting Chance", #69 "The Saint Bids Diamonds" and #76 "The Helpful Pirate" (not credited)
* Michael Godfrey also appears in Episode #44 "The Revolution Racket"
* Norman Florence also appears in Episodes #5 "The Loaded Tourist" and #54 "The Set-Up"
* Louis Raynor also appears in Episode #28 "The Wonderful War"
* Clive Cazes also appears in Episode #44 "The Revolution Racket"
* Walter Randall also appears in Episode #44 "The Revolution Racket"
* Moore actually had hit actor Peter Halliday on the mouth during one of the fight scenes causing his lip to bleed. More information here: Sir Roger answers your questions January 2009 , Question 2.
* This is the same fake corridor painting as in Episode #72 "The Queen's Ransom" and #76 "The Helpful Pirate" (0:20)
* You can hear someone say "That's enough", when the policeman is crashing through the door - maybe the director? (0:25)
UK: 21st October 1966
* DVD (NTSC): AAE-70230 (2001)
Last Updated: 02/20/2010