The Revolution Racket
Suzanne Lloyd - Doris Inkler
Eric Pohlman - Carlos Xavier
Peter Arne - Pablo Enriquez
Edward Bishop - Sherm Inkler
Michael Godfrey - Manuel Enriquez
Hal Galili - Vincente
Alec Mango - Jose Jalisco
Clive Cazes - Esteban
Richard Montez - Immigration Officer
Michael Lynch - Rainer
Reginald Jessup - Francisco
Walter Randall - Juan
Directed by Pat Jackson; Screenplay by Terry Nation
The Saint is somewhere in South America in a sports arena when two man compel him to follow them to a restaurant. There he meets police inspector Carlos Xavier who pretends that he just wanted to meet Templar. Xavier shows him other people in the restaurant like Doris Inkler and the Enriquez brothers. The latter ones plan a revolution in this country, the former one has (together with her partner Sherm Inkler) a ship full of guns. After leaving the restaurant Simon watches how Doris gets kidnapped by the Enriquez brothers... and the Saint is henceforth involved... exactly what Xavier wanted!
* Suzanne Lloyd also appears in Episodes #31 "Luella", #35 "The High Fence", #79 "The Man Who Liked Lions", #92 "Simon and Delilah" and #105 "The Time to Die"
* Eric Pohlman also appears in Episode #16 "Teresa"
* Edward Bishop also appears in Episode #45 "The Saint Steps In", #69 "The Saint Bids Diamonds" and #79 "The Man Who Liked Lions"
* Edward Bishop was later a regular of the series "UFO"
* Michael Godfrey also appears in Episode #75 "The Reluctant Revolution"
* Hal Galili also appears in Episodes #36 "Sophia", #38 "The Ever-Loving Spouse", #73 "Interlude in Venice" and #113/114 "Vendetta for the Saint"
* Alec Mango also appears in Episodes #7 "The Arrow of God" and #28 "The Wonderful War"
* Clive Cazes also appears in Episode #75 "The Reluctant Revolution"
* Richard Montez also appears in Episodes #10 "The Golden Journey", #16 "Teresa", #69 "The Saint Bids Diamonds", #83 "Locate and Destroy", #92 "Simon and Delilah" and #113/114 "Vendetta for the Saint"
* Walter Randall also appears in Episode #75 "The Reluctant Revolution"
* The entries to the restaurant where inspector Xavier waits for Templar in the beginning and the alley to which Vincente flees are the same - note the placement of the fixed shutter in both scenes. (0:02 and 0:36) Different views of the same spots in the backlot were used quite often in this episode.
* This shot looks quite blurred. It looks like it was enlarged. (0:06)
* Because of the cut in the middle of the scene Templar walks down the stair twice. (0:09)
* Taking into account that hotel rooms can all look the same - but note the position of the building in the view outside - it has the same position and height - therefore the set for Templar's and the Inkler's room is a redress of the other. (0:17 and 0:21)
* The (painted) view from the window in the hotel room is the same as in... ...Episode #51 "The Unkind Philantropist". The mountain is the same but notice the different buildings in the front.
* Note the the three cuts between the trucks driving by in both scenes - quite possibly they only had one truck for the production and therefore filmed it passing by three times. (0:34 and 0:35)
* The background where the car stops is the same in both scenes - if it's not even the same scene. (0:41 and 0:43)
* Shape of things to come? The Saint wants to donate the money he gained from the swindlers to UNICEF! (0:47)
UK: 5th November 1964
* DVD (PAL): Umbrella DAVID0503 (2003)
Last Updated: 08/05/2017