The Man Who Liked Lions
Peter Wyngarde - Tiberio
Suzanne Lloyd - Claudia Molinelli
Michael Wynne - Franco de Cesarie
Jeremy Young - Insp. Galba
Michael Forrest - Vittorio Leale
Edward Bishop - Tony Allard
Peter Elliott - Berreeni
Nike Arrighi - Serafino
Robert Russell - Guido
Steven Scott - Frascatto
Phyllis Montefiore - Princess Alexandra
Directed by Jeremy Summers; Screenplay by Harry W. Junkin from a story by Douglas Enefer
Simon receives a call by his friend Tony Allard to meet him at the Rome collosseum. Just when he tells him about the "man who liked lions" Tony is killed. Simon investigates and gathers information about an so-called "Organization". What role does artist Claudia Molinelli have in this?
OPINION: Somehow this episode can't be taken too serious. The orgy and Simon costumed as gladiator don't really convince...
* Peter Wyngarde would later play Jason King in the series "Department S".
* Peter Wyngarde also appears in Episode #98 "The Gadic Collection"
* Suzanne Lloyd also appears in Episode #31 "Luella", #35 "The High Fence", #44 "The Revolution Racket", #92 "Simon and Delilah" and #105 "The Time to Die"
* Michael Wynne also appears in Episodes #31 "Luella" and #70 "The Spanish Cow"
* Jeremy Young also appears in Episode #115 "The Ex-King of Diamonds"
* Edward Bishop also appears in Episode #44 "The Revolution Racket", #45 "The Saint Steps In" and #69 "The Saint Bids Diamonds"
* Edward Bishop was later a regular of the series "UFO"
* Peter Elliott also appears in Episodes #30 "The Romantic Matron" and #42 "Jeaninne"
* Steven Scott also appears in Episode #6 "The Pearls of Peace"
* As the name implies Franco de Cesarie's role strongly reminds of taxi driver Marco de Cesari played by Warren Mitchell (Episodes #2 "The Latin Touch", #12 "The Charitable Countess" and #21 "The King of the Beggars")
* When Moore walks into the Zambetti house notice that the background is just a painting. It also doesn't fit with the exterior scene where Franco waits for Templar in his taxi. (0:19)
* The car in the backlot has side mirrors, while the car in the background projection does not. (0:21)
* Note the red stairs in the background - in the next scene Templar chases Berreeni down the same stairs. (0:22) The red stairs can be seen several times during this episode.
* An audio introduction to this episode by Peter Wyngarde can be found on the Umbrella DVD.
UK: 18th November 1966
* DVD (NTSC): AAE-70232 (2001)
Last Updated: 01/08/2018