The Pearls of Peace
Dina Paisner - Consuelo
Erica Rogers - Joss Hendry
Bob Kanter - Brad Ryan
Robin Hughes - Harry Tiltman
John Barrard - Pedlar
Warren Stanhope - Mike Harris
Frank Olegario - Bartender
Hugh Futcher - Delivery Boy
Steven Scott - Hotel Clerk
Directed by David Greene; Screenplay by Richard Harris
3 years ago. Brad Ryan, an old friend of Templar, wants some money to finance a expedition. He plans to find some valuable pearls in Mexico with his partner Harry Tiltman. Simon agrees. After the expedition arrives in Mexico Tiltman reveals to Ryan that the complete thing was bogus. He just wanted the money - there are no pearls. It comes to a fight where Ryan falls on a stone.
After 3 years Ryan's former fiancée Joss Hendry receives a telegram to come to Santa Domingo. He claims to have found the pearls! She asks Simon for help.
* Erica Rogers also appears in Episode #10 "The Golden Journey", #41 "Lida" and #71 "The Old Treasure Story"
* Warren Stanhope also appears in Episodes #15 "Judith", #100 "Invitation to Danger" and #112 "Where the Money Is"
* Frank Olegario also appears in Episode #16 "Teresa"
* Steven Scott also appears in Episode #79 "The Man Who Liked Lions"
* This episode is rather unusual in the kind of storytelling - Simon talks a lot to the audience.
* The New-York-set of Simon's apartment is the same as in Episode #3 "The Careful Terrorist"
* It seems like the aforementioned set was refitted as Joss' appartment. Look for the placement of doors and windows (ca. 0:04 and 0:15).
* There is some confusion about the dates mentioned in the episode. Let's assume that the year is 1962 when Joss receives Ryan's telegram. Simon tells us that Ryan and Tiltman set off on their expedition 3 years earlier. That makes 1959. But when Tiltman explains Templar the background of the pearls of Santa Domingo he says that the oyster beds were destroyed in 1939 and it took 25 years to rebuild. That's 1964 then! Huh?
* Notice the "Hotel Perla" in Santa Domingo - it will reappear on the Costa Brava in Episode #10 "The Golden Journey". The footage was also used in Episode #16 "Teresa" (ca. 0:07)
* The set of the bar was also used in Episode #10 "The Golden Journey".
* Why doesn't Tiltman take his weapon with him after knocking down Ryan? He would just have to take one step to the left (ca. 0:14).
* Why are there no decoration chains at the door when the Saint enters Consuelo's house (ca. 0:24)? They are later where they should be when Joss enters it (ca. 0:35).
* Dina Paisner is named "Consuela" in the Carlton DVD-subtitles. She's obviously called "Consuelo" in the episode and in the credits.
UK: 8th November 1962
* DVD (PAL): Carlton 37115 00933 (2001)
* DVD (PAL): Umbrella DAVID0247 (2003)
Last Updated: 10/16/2004