The Persistent Parasites
Cec Linder - Waldo
Jan Holden - Vera
Ann Gillis - Wilma
Annette Carell - Katerina
Sonia Fox - Nadine
Arnold Diamond - Latignant
Brian MacDermott - Pierre
Jeremy Longhurst - George McGeorge
Donald Hewlett - Howard
David Garth - Monsieur Philippe
Keith Smith - Latignant's Assistant
Directed by Robert
Tronson; Screenplay by
(pdf Screenplay on network DVD)
Adapted from "The Reluctant Nudist" by Leslie Charteris
Waldo Oddington invites the Saint, his three ex-wifes, his nephew and his lawyer to a small island in the Mediterranean to announce a surprise. He also tells them that he wants to marry again, Nadine, a girl who lives on the island. Waldo also has completely changed his way of life - he takes exercises, drinks no alcohol etc.
What they don't know is that Waldo is completely broke - his surprise! But before he can tell the others he gets murdered.
Who would benefit from Waldo's life insurance?
Is it just me or is Sonia Fox not able to act? Her dialogues sound pretty wooden...
* Jan Holden also appears in Episode #87 "The Fast Women"
* Ann Gillis also appears in Episode #30 "The Romantic Matron"
* Arnold Diamond also appears in Episodes #26 "The Bunco Artists", #27 "The Benevolent Burglary", #48 "The Death Penalty", #70 "The Spanish Cow" and #80 "The Better Mousetrap" (every time the same role!). Diamond also appears in the episode "Five Miles to Midnight" of The Persuaders
* Cec Linder also plays Felix Leiter in the James Bond movie "Goldfinger" (1964). [Submitted by Wojciech Trojanowski]
* The set for this scene (0:04) is the same as the one used in Episode #70 "The Spanish Cow" (0:18) .
* The terrace set (0:08) is the same as the one used in Episodes (redecorated) #69 "The Saint Bids Diamonds" (0:38) and #70 "The Spanish Cow" (0:09) .
* The Asian lion prop was used in Episode #65 "The Smart Detective" (0:24) and in Episode #67 "The Persistent Parasites" (0:43). [Submitted by Wojciech Trojanowski]
* The hidden safe (0:31) is the same as the one used in Episodes #54 "The Set-Up" (0:27) and #70 "The Spanish Cow" (0:08). Even some of the books at the side are the same.
* Although the set for the boat has a slightly different furniture than the one used in Episode #62 "The Happy Suicide" (0:21) it is the same - the pattern of the upholstery and the door curtain give it away (0:38).
UK: 29th July 1965
Last Updated: 12/17/2017