The Bunco Artists
Mary Merral - Sophie Yarmouth
Peter Dyneley - Richard Eade
Justine Lord - Jean Yarmouth
Louise King - Joyce Eade
Victor Platt - Charlie
John Glyn Jones - Vicar Stone
Marie Makino - Miss Emma
Barbara Ogilvie - Mrs. Rance
Andre Maranne - Louis
John Standing - Gendarme
Meadows White - Stage Door Keeper
Arnold Diamond - Colonel Latignant (uncredited)
Directed by Peter Yates; Screenplay by Lewis Davidson (pdf Screenplay on network DVD)
8.000 pounds are required for the restoration of the church in Netherdon. A woman visits the church and offers the outstanding 2.000 pounds through a foundation if one can prove her the existence of the already collected 6.000 pounds in cash - a bank statement is not enough.
A man called Henderson from the International Detective Agency reveals to the local police that the woman is in reality trying to scam the money. With the assistance of the local police officer he wants to try catch her and therefore he suggest to go along with her plan... problem is, he is the bunco artist partner of the woman! They get the money and leave for Nice. But they didn't expect the Saint to now in return con the bunco artists...
* Peter Dyneley also appears in Episodes #3 "The Careful Terrorist" and #90 "To Kill A Saint"
* Justine Lord also appears in Episodes #23 "The Saint Plays With Fire", #45 "The Saint Steps In", #49 "The Imprudent Politician", #63 "The Chequered Flag" and #109/110 "The Fiction Makers"
* Andre Maranne also appears in Episode #27 "The Benevolent Burglary"
* Meadows White also appears in Episode #20 "Iris"
* Arnold Diamond also appears in Episodes #27 "The Benevolent Burglary", #48 "The Death Penalty", #67 "The Persistent Parasite", #70 "The Spanish Cow" and #80 "The Better Mousetrap" (every time the same role!). Diamond also appears in the episode "Five Miles to Midnight" of The Persuaders
* The ST1 number plate looks like it was just clamped over the actual number plate of the Volvo. (0:05)
UK: 19th December 1963
* DVD (PAL): Umbrella DAVID0251 (2003)
Last Updated: 01/08/2017