The Noble Sportsman
Sylvia Syms - Lady Anne Yearley
Anthony Quayle - Lord Yearley
Francis Mathews - Paul Farley
Paul Curran - Bruno Walmar
Jane Asher - Rose Yearley
Russell Walters - Kelly
Martin Wyldeck - Bates
Howard Douglas - Tom Crofton
Tony Bilbow - Commentator (uncredited)
Donald Pickering - Hans (uncredited)
Directed by Peter Yates; Screenplay by John Graeme
Lady Yearley has an affair with young architect Paul Farley because her husband often leaves her alone when he goes for sports like golf, tennis or show jumping. But as soon as she is expecting a baby by her husband she ends the affair.
Soon after Lord Yearley receives an anonymous letter where he gets threatened to be killed soon. Because he doesn't want to call the police his daughter Rose convinces him to ask Templar for help. Who is threatening Lord Yearley?
* Sylvia Syms also appears in Episodes #42 "Jeaninne", #99 "The Best Laid Schemes" and #109/110 "The Fiction Makers"
* Francis Mathews also appears in Episode #90 "To Kill A Saint"
* Jane Asher also appears in Episode #34 "The Invisible Millionaire"
* Martin Wyldeck also appears in Episodes #64 "The Abductors", #78 "The Angel's Eye" and #104 "The Double Take"
* Howard Douglas also appears in Episode #1 "The Talented Husband"
* Donald Pickering, uncredited here, playing Lord Yearly's German competitor Hans in the tournament here, also appears in Episode #78 "The Angel's Eye"
* The shadow of the boom microphone can bee seen in the upper right corner. (0:14)
* The Aston Martin DB5 used in this scene would be converted to become the famous car of James Bond, first used in the movie "Goldfinger" (1964). It even uses the now famous number plate BMT 216A which was provided by Aston Martin. Read more about this car here on The James Bond Vehicle Library. The car was stolen in 1997 and is considered as missing. (0:14)
UK: 9th January 1964
* DVD (PAL): Umbrella DAVID0501 (2003)
Last Updated: 06/02/2019