The Loving Brothers
Reg Lye - Pop Kinsall
Ray Barrett - Willie Kinsall
Ed Devereaux - Wally Kinsall
Annette André - Linda Henderson
Betty McDowell - Edna Kinsall
Dick Bentley - Charley O'Shea
Grant Taylor - Pete Grove
Noel Trevarthen - Joe Casey
John Tate - Assayer
Directed by Leslie Norman; Screenplay by John Graeme
Simon's jeep breaks down while he drives through Australia. In a nearby mine he meets poor old Pop Kinsall who believes that here he will find a rich silver deposit. But he has no money left to explore the mine further. He asks his sons who got rich on his earlier successful diggings for help but both of them refuse to help. So Templar provides the necessary money. When the brothers hear that old Kinsall really seems to have found silver they want to have a part of the profit. But the Saint teaches them a lesson instead...
* Reg Lye also appears in Episodes #66 "The Smart Detective" and #71 "The Old Treasure Story"
* Annette André also appears in Episodes #45 "The Saint Steps In", #64 "The Abductors", #90 "To Kill A Saint" and #107 "The House on Dragon's Rock"
* Noel Trevarthen also appears in Episode #24 "The Well Meaning Mayor"
* John Tate also appears in Episodes #65 "The Crooked Ring" and #99 "The Best Laid Schemes"
* See the rocks move strangely... because they're obviously made of styrofoam! (0:35)
* This shot of the window (0:41) but also the building in general was often used in the series to depict hotels or office buildings, for example in Episode #52 "The Damsel in Distress" (0:41).
* An introduction to this episode by Annette André can be found on the Umbrella DVD.
UK: 19th November 1964
Last Updated: 09/10/2017