A Double in Diamonds
Cecil Parker - Lord Gillingham
Anton Rodgers - Pierre
Yolande Turner - Kate
Ilona Rodgers - Mary
Ferdy Mayne - Nicholas
Tim Barrett - The Steward
Alan Haywood - Sgt. Knox
Brian Harrison - The Pilot
Directed by John Gilling; Screenplay by Harry W. Junkin, Donald & Derek Ford
Simon is at a jeweler to buy some new cuff-links. He learns there that the jeweler is making a replica of Lord Gillingham's famous necklace.
Simon later attends a fashion show at Gillingham's house. Suddenly the necklace mysteriously disappears.
The Saint discovers that it's an insurance fraud by Lord Gillingham.
OPINION: All in all it's a bit confusing to keep track of the story - but it's a fun episode nevertheless!
* Cecil Parker already played opposite the Saint: 25 years earlier in the 1942 film "The Saint's Vacation"
* Ferdy Mayne also appears in Episode #20 "Iris", #28 "The Wonderful War" and #84 "Flight Plan"
* Yolanda Turner also appears in Episode #19 "The Work of Art"
* Tim Barrett also appears in Episode #63 "The Chequered Flag"
* Alan Haywood also appears in Episode #96 "The Power Artists" (same role)
* Brian Harrison also appears in Episode #102 "The Desperate Diplomat"
* It's a classic Inspector Teal episode - peppermints and all!
* Note the cuff-links - a dream of every SAINT fan! (0:01)
* Note the stand-in for Roger at the fashion show and in front of Lord Gillingham's house.
* Why does Ben the dealer tell the whole story about the deal with Lord Gillingham to Simon?
* Uncredited, but here is another appearance of Ray Austin. (0:40) [Submitted by Wojciech Trojanowski]
* There's a reflection of a person in the car's window. (0:42) [Submitted by Wojciech Trojanowski]
* Ben's shop could be the same as the pawnbroker's one in Episode #76 "The Helpful Pirate".
UK: 5th May 1967
S.T. und der Diamantentrick
* DVD (NTSC): AAE-70352 (2001)
Last Updated: 04/02/2013